Saturday, April 17

Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon

Last night, my small group and I went to see How to Train Your Dragon. It is an animated film about a small Viking village with a pest problem... dragons. They grow up learning how to kill dragons and protect the village, and your place in society is judged by how well you kill dragons. Hiccup is the exception. He is a scrawny boy who doesn't fit in. Thus begins the age old story about how the underdog, who isn't respected by anyone, especially his father, overcomes all of it and becomes a hero!

I don't want to give away the ending, so I will stop my narration there. In my opinion, it was a cute movie, with snappy dialogue and adorable dragons. What I was most impressed with was the moral to the story. It was a great example of how society isn't always right, and thinking for yourself gets you very far indeed.

Now, I am no critic, but I think everyone should see this movie, just maybe not in theaters. Matinee's would be great, I just wouldn't pay $8 or $10 to see it (good thing I only paid $5!). Nonetheless, go see it and then go buy a dragon. Trust me, you will want one. I mean, any movie that can turn dragons into misunderstood fire-breathing, crop-destroying, man-eating terror machines is a pretty good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment